Action Steps from Tea Party “Engage in Education” Meeting
Our second segment was an update on Common Core presented by John Anthony. While we have been learning and talking about Common Core for sometime now, it is once again heating up in the Tennessee Legislature as well as in Congress. John presented the latest bills that are being carried in Nashville including one that would ultimately repeal Common Core in Tennessee. He also discussed the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (No Child Left Behind) and why it should not be re-authorized. John left us with a series of Action Steps that we all can and should participate in. They are as follows:
- Sign up for Common Core updates at www.tnacc.net
- Call your Representative and Senators and ask them to: “Vote NO on ESEA Authorization”
- Email your Representative and Senators and ask them to: “Vote NO on ESEA Authorization.” In your email ask him/her to:
- Read Page 552 of Rep. Kline’s “Student Success Act”
- This bill takes away state and parental sovereignty over education when a state accepts a grant
- Just say “NO” to re-authorization
- Print off and Sign the Form Letter to Gov. Haslam asking him to Repeal Common Core and if you are able to get at least 5 other friends to sign it. If you can get more that’s even better. Mail the letters to:
I trust you will take advantage of these opportunities to make a difference locally, in Nashville and in Washington.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.